(ISO 17025 - Testing Laboratories)
Presented by Elzabé Truter
PURPOSE / OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate an effective problem analysis. Root cause analysis is a structured method used to identify the contributing or causal factors that underlie variations in performance that cause non-conformances. Participants will learn several root cause analysis tools that will allow them to identify and correct the underlying problems.
The Root Cause Analysis workshop consists of presentations, discussions and exercises (scenarios) that provide participants with an in-depth understanding of how to analyse a system in order to identify the root causes of problems and to prevent them from recurring. After attending the workshop participants will be able to:
• Differentiate between remedial actions and root cause analysis.
• Determine whether a root cause analysis is required.
• Implement problem solving process and identify the problem.
• Implement steps for carrying out effective root cause analysis.
• Select from and apply various tools that support root cause analysis.
• Implement and monitor appropriate corrective actions, preventive actions and do effective follow-up evaluations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course will run over one day.
Day 1 (08 h 00 – 16 h 30)